What is Menopause?
Hormonal changes affect women their entire life; menstrual cycles, pregnancy, aging, and menopause. All these bring with them substantial fluctuations in hormonal health. Menopause is a natural process which usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. During this time, the ovaries stop making eggs and begin producing less of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. As time goes on, menstruation cycles gradually diminish until they eventually halt altogether. In some cases, this decline occurs suddenly. While this process is in effect, many unpleasant symptoms begin to arise such as hot or cold flashes, irritability, cold sweats, sleep disturbances, and heart palpitations.
Women are considered postmenopausal when they have not had a period for at least one full year. During this time, the symptoms diminish and seem less frequent. A major shift occurs during postmenopause whereby estrogen production, once carried out by the ovaries, is now handled by the fat cells in a woman's body. However the ovaries, despite shrinking in size, still have important roles to carry out and do in fact still produce some hormones (i.e. testosterone).
At no point is it ever considered too late to begin a good wellness regime. In fact, healthy women pass through menopause with fewer or less severe issues than those who have not adopted a health-friendly strategy. It is important during any stage of menopause to eat a nutritious diet containing calcium-rich foods, exercise regularly and support the body with products intended to aid you through this transition or to help your body adapt to this new reality.
Homeopathic Ingredient References
Hormonal Essentials for Women contains homeopathic ingredients officially listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). Below are the homeopathic ingredients and their respective potencies and descriptions based on traditional homeopathic literature and research.
3C, 6C, 12C, 30C HPUS
- Useful to help with congestive headaches with pains at the temples.
- Helps with inner restlessness, and irritability while promoting restful sleep.
- Aids with muscle cramps and helps alleviate the sensation of heat throughout body.
3C, 96C, 12C HPUS
- Used to combat difficult menstruations.
- Assists with muscular fatigue accompanied by twitching.
- Useful for skin with acne, psoriasis, and/or eczema which appear due to mental or emotional disturbances.
4C, 12C HPUS
- Helps the hypothalamus function correctly.
- Indicated for hormonal, thyroid, temperature, appetite, nervous, and reproductive imbalances especially when due to hormonal changes.
3C, 96C, 12C HPUS
- Relieves pulsating pains in the ovaries and uterus.
- Addresses breast inflammation with swollen hands and feet.
- Helpful when coldness predominates and despite sweating profusely she often has a cold sweat.
3C, 96C, 12C HPUS
- Used to calm those who are emotional and fidgety.
- Helps with dizziness upon bending or stooping.
Oophorinum (aka Ovininum)
- Promotes ovarian function while exerting a general regulatory influence over the ovaries.
Helps with irritability, fatigue, chills, heat flashes with sweating, frontal headaches, and light headed feelings.
- Maintain thyroid gland integrity during periods of hormonal changes which could adversely affect its function.
1C, 3C, 6C HPUS
- Helps with tiredness and weakness.
- Used to help with for numbness and tingling sensations in extremities.
"The letters 'HPUS' indicate that the component(s) in this product is (are) officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States."
Other Ingredients in Hormonal Essentials
In a base of: American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolius root), Black Cohosh (rhizome) Extract, Dong Quai (root) Extract, GABA, Fo-Ti, Burdock (root), Wild Yam (root) Extract, Motherwort (leaf) Extract, Licorice (root) Extract, L-Theanine, PABA, Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol acetate), Gelatin, Rice Flour, Dextrose, and Magnesium Stearate.