Homeopathy and Depression
Homeopathy is used to relieve a variety of common conditions, and one of the most frequently sought out homeopathy treatment options is for depression. Millions of Americans suffer from this debilitating condition, and conventional treatments can often be harsh or unreliable.
Homeopathy for depression is believed to relieve the crippling symptoms that many suffer from under this condition, such as anxiety, sadness, paranoia, feelings of worthlessness, fatigue, and many others.
Those who work in the field of homeopathy have spent years researching this condition and what seems to work in relieving its symptoms. Like any homeopathy treatment, homeopathy for depression is based on the individual needs of the patient, and treatments are created based on the specific symptoms of an individual and will require an experienced homeopathy remedy guide to ensure you receive the correct treatment.
Ingredients are used based on symptoms, and usually include:
- Arsencium album - for people who are anxious, insecure, and seek often unattainable perfection.
- Aurum metallicum - for people with serious personalities that suffer from feelings of anger and self-despair.
- Calcarea carbonic - for people who are anxious and are easily overwhelmed with life.
- Causticum - for emotional people who are experiencing grief and bouts of uncontrollable crying.
- Cimicifuga - for people who have energetic, often exaggerated personalities that feel gloomy and sad.
- Ignatia amara - for sensitive people who are constantly disappointed.
- Kali phoshoricum - for people whose feelings of depression often stem from an illness or are overwhelmed with work.
- Natrum carbonicum - for people with mild, sensitive personalities that easily get their feelings hurt.
- Natrum muriaticum - for private people who suffer from insomnia and anxiety from their depression.
- Pulsatilla - for those with a childlike disposition that require a lot of attention. Are often moody, jealous, and hormonal.
- Sepia - for irritable, indifferent individuals that often feel angry and alone.
- Staphysagria - for quiet, emotional types that have sensitive feelings, suffer from insomnia, and have feelings of shame.
These are just some of the common homeopathy treatments for depression. Others include avena sativa and argentum nitricum. Supporters of the practice feel that by addressing the underlying feelings and emotions associated with the condition, as well as each person's unique symptoms, the condition can be effectively managed.
It is important to consult with an experienced homeopath for proper dosage and treatment, as well as with your primary care provider to ensure you are healthy enough to use homeopathic therapies or any other alternative healing.