Homeopathy for Anxiety
Millions of Americans suffer from anxiety in one form or another, whether it is from depression, grief, an upcoming event, or something else that is causing them to feel uncomfortable. Since the symptoms and causes of anxiety are often different for each person, this makes it an ideal condition for homeopathy, which focuses on providing individualized care specific to each person's condition. Homeopathy for anxiety has been shown to effectively relieve these feelings for many people, making it an extremely popular and sought out mode of treatment.
Like most other treatment options following this practice, homeopathy for anxiety is assessed based on the feelings and symptoms of each individual patient, and require knowledge of a homeopathy remedy guide. Dosage and ingredients are based on these assessments, and usually include:
- Aconite - for those who suffer from a sudden fright or shock that they are having trouble getting over.
- Argentum nitrium - for those feeling anxiety due to the approach of a big event such as marriage, an important presentation, a performance, etc.
- Arsenicum album - for patients that suffer from an obsessive anxiety due to being unable to achieve a required level of perfection.
- Calcarea carbonica - for those who easily worry or become overwhelmed with everyday occurrences and problems.
- Gelsemium - for individuals who suffer from stage fright.
- Ignatia amara - for those suffering from anxiety caused by feelings of grief due to a personal loss.
- Kali phosphoricum - for jumpy people who are often overworked and are prone to illness and have difficulty coping with problems that arise.
- Lycopodium - for those who have anxiety due to low self-esteem or a lack of confidence.
- Natrum muraticum - for anxiety caused by feelings of loneliness caused by being shy or isolated.
- Phosphorus - for those who are easily excitable and have irrational fears or phobias.
- Pulsatilla - for clingy individuals who require a lot of comfort and attention.
- Silicea - for nervous, oversensitive people who often put up a stronger front, suppressing and exacerbating their feelings of anxiety.
These are just some of the homeopathy treatment options and corresponding symptoms a homeopath may turn to when using homeopathy for anxiety. Others include avena sativa, humulus lupulus, valeriana officinalis, and hyoscyamus niger. Each person is different and requires a unique, customized plan to help them achieve the relief they seek. Consult with a homeopath, as well as your primary care provider, to ensure you are receiving the best care possible to address your individual needs.