Hay Fever Relief
Millions of people suffer from allergies. Whether it is an allergy to pollen, pet dander, mold, or another irritant, the quest for relief often seems endless. This is especially true of people who suffer from hay fever. While many people suffer from this pesky irritation, its name can be misleading. Hay fever allergies are simply an inflammation of the nasal passages that can be caused by a variety of allergens -- not a fever, and not necessarily from hay. Since its causes are so varied, it can be difficult to figure out what is causing your symptoms, making it hard to find effective hay fever relief.
However, there are many options available to provide you with hay fever relief; the trick is finding what works best for you. If you are simply trying to treat your hay fever symptoms. However, if you are trying to limit your exposure to allergens in order to help stop symptoms from developing, there are some steps you can take to provide yourself with natural hay fever relief:
These are just some of the methods available to provide sufferers with hay fever relief. If you are still having trouble finding treatment for seasonal allergies, you may want to consider speaking with an allergy specialist to determine the exact causes of your problems and develop a plan that works best for you and your specific health needs.
- Keep doors and windows closed or stay indoors during seasons when your allergies are most severe.
- If you have it, use central air conditioning to keep the airflow in your house moving without drawing in more air from outside.
- Keep your house clean. Dust often to remove troublesome allergens like dander and dust, and wash your sheets and bedding often.
- Mow your lawn often to keep grass pollen at a minimum.
- Use HEPA filters or other high-quality air filters in your home to remove as many allergens as possible for effective hay fever relief.
- If you are allergic to pet dander but still choose to keep animals in your home, bathe them regularly and wipe them down when they come in from outside.