and Resolve Children's Ear Infections Naturally
Doing these things can help not
only ear infections, but sinus infections, bronchial ailments and
digestive issues too.
1. Eliminate Possible
2. Reinforce Immune System in Children
- Ear infections may be avoided if children
are reared on a lactose-free milk source, like vitamin-fortified
rice milk or a straight colostrum formula. Colostrum closely
resembles mother's breast milk and replaces dairy nutrients
like calcium. Some doctors may suggest soy milk, but soy can
also thicken mucus and cause allergic reaction.
- Breast-feed infants if possible. This avoids
lactose, provides colostrums and studies have shown it can reduce
the chance of ear infections by 50%.
- If infections come after dairy is eliminated,
try eliminating wheat and oats. Children may be allergic to
“gluten”, the sticky substance that holds wheat
and oats together in breads, pastas, cereals and baked goods.
An alternative is breads, pastas and cereal made from rice (preferably
brown), quinoa, or millet grains instead. These are pretty much
- Avoid glutens and yeasts altogether by carefully
reading food labels. Both can inhibit digestion, which must
be working well to keep mucus thin and get rid of toxins and
tummy bugs. Sometimes glutens and yeasts aren't on labels, but
it can be assumed that most store-bought breads, pastas, white
rice, hot cereals, canned soups and canned pasta meals contain
either or both.
- Eliminate sugar and everything with sugar
- baked goods, cereals, and even molasses, honey and most sugar
substitutes. Sugar can produce yeast which thickens mucus, slows
digestion and creates intestinal fungus. Eliminating sugar also
calms hyperactivity in children. Stevia is a natural sugar substitute
which can be used.
- Of course, eliminate one of the above substances
at a time, or you won't know what's working.
- Most health food stores carry all kinds of
dessert goodies – even rice-based ice cream –made
with no wheat, dairy or sugar and are very delicious.
- Echinacea, an herb with proven immune boosting
capability, can be added in powdered form or drops to non-carbonated
beverages for babies and toddlers, and given in capsule form
- Give children “probiotics” – Probiotics will replace the “good”
stomach bacteria lost to poor digestion, allergies, antibiotic
treatment or otherwise weakened immune system. You have probably
heard of Acidophilus – this is one type of probiotic found
with many others in Re-Flora+. Children under 50 pounds can
take one capsule a day. Most probiotic capsules can be opened
and sprinkled in food or non-carbonated beverages for very small
- Cook with garlic, or dissolve garlic capsule
in food. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and wards off infections.
- Serve sugar-free yogurt with “live
cultures” ( “good” yeast).
- Children need great daily vitamins, minerals
and other nutrients that our bodies don't make enough of.