Asthma and Homeopathy
Asthma is a common condition that many people nationwide suffer from. It is also a common complaint that conventional treatments lack the type of long-term treatment that many sufferers seeks, since most inhalers are only effective if you are having trouble breathing. This is why asthma and homeopathy can work as a great team when it comes to relief from this serious and complicated condition.
Much like any other form of homeopathic remedies, asthma and homeopathy take each individual person into consideration when developing a treatment plan. Common ingredients and homeopathic herbs used in homeopathic asthma relief include:
- Antimonium tartaricum - for rattling cough that is unable to produce mucous
- Asenicum album - for periodic flare ups that can cause the sufferer to feel restless
- Blatta orientalis - one of the most common types of treatment, it is used for acute attacks for those who suffer from "normal" asthma.
- Drosera - for severe attacks when symptoms and harsh coughing can cause vomiting.
- Ipecac - For periodic, but severe coughing spasms that may cause vomiting.
- Kali carbonicum and pathos foetida - for asthma that is aggravated by dust.
- Phosphorus - For those who suffer from noisy breathing.
- Spongia - for dry coughing that is worse at night.
These are just some of the ingredients and symptoms that are often used in the assessment and relief of asthma symptoms. Other ingredients that are considered to be ignatia amara and many others. An experienced homeopath will be able to tell you which options may be right for you when it comes to asthma and homeopathy, and can recommend the correct dosage to meet your individual needs using a homeopathy remedy guide.